Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Welcome to our Home...

Wow! It has been a long time! So much has changed, but so much is the same. We are still living in our same house and continually working to make it our own. It's really come a long way in 2+ years. Almost every room has been painted (or will be before the middle of August) along with every doorknob being changed and almost every light fixture being updated. We're almost there.




Our master bedroom...next on the list to be painted.

Kitchen after getting rid of awful wallpaper, texturing
the walls, and painting. A job I never want to do again!

Our dining room after removing a wallpaper
border, texturing walls, and two coats of paint.
So that's a pretty good update on our home....now for work. I just completed my first year as a Special Education Counselor for Henderson Independent School District, a small town about 30 miles from Longview. It is the hardest job in the world, but also very rewarding. I am enjoying having summer off, but also wondering how some of my little babies are doings. I guess I'll find our in about 6 weeks! Jeremy is still working as a Mechanical Engineer for Westlake Chemical here in Longview. He has been instrumental in developing a new maintenance department for the plant and works too hard!

We still have our three kitties, Mama Kitty, Gizzie, and Princess. They are more spoiled than ever!
More to come! Hope you enjoyed the update!

1 comment:

mirandajones803 said...

I added your blog to my favorites on the sidebar of my blog...yay for being an inspiration! LOL Now-you have to keep it up...it's fun to go back a year later and see stuff. Makes it worth the time and effort.

You can also fiddle with it. I like the cutestblogontheblock.com or something like that. You can change your background, kind of like myspace. I fianlyl updated ours! LOL

You have also inspired me to add the rest of my house pics...I didn't take pics of my room, pantry, playroom, patio, etc, so my goal is to update those this week!